Near Me Video Consultations
Near Me is a video calling system which allows you to attend your face-to-face appointments online - instead of coming into the surgery.
Instead of travelling to your appointment, you enter the practice's online waiting area. When ready, the Clinician will start the video call with you. This service will only be available if you have already spoke with the Clinician, and they have invited you to start a video consultation.
You do not need to create an account and your information will not be stored. You have access to your own private video room, which only authorised clinicians can enter.
In order to use the Near Me System, you will need the following:
- A good connection to the internet via smartphone, tablet, laptop, computer, etc.
- A private, well lit area where you will not be disturbed during the consultation
- Either Google Chrome or Safari Web Browsers
- A web-camera, microphone and speakers - most laptops, tablets and smartphones already have these built into the device
- Video calls are free except for your internet usage. Near Me video calls use a similar amount of data as Skype or Facetime.
If the GP requests that you attend a Near Me Consultation, please follow these steps
- Go to: https://nhsattend.vc/princesstsurgery
- Click the start video call buttons and follow the on screen instructions
You will then be sent to your own private video room and the clinician will join you when they are ready.
PLEASE NOTE: VIDEO CALLS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED IF A GP HAS BEEN IN CONTACT TO ARRANGE THIS. PLEASE CALL THE SURGERY TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.